Live Sites - 2.1.7
This is a list of live sites proudly powered by Apache Cocoon.
Date added: 2006-06-29
A German Web shop selling measurement tools imported from Asia.
Contact: wang [AT] mw-import [DOT] de
The main reason to that Cocoon let us follow the MVC pattern and separate
concerns. The Web designer was able to develop the style sheet totally
independent of the application logic. All business logic could be encapsulated
in services and tested with Junit outside the web container. At least the flow
provide as facility to bind the web application together. As a bonus we easily
can create Order documents in pdf.
Beside the fact that Cocoon is cool framework one of our partners used Cocoon in former project.
Date added: 2005-10-25
Offline generated, multilingual site. MySql blogs, automatic menu generation from file system. Administration of users, blogs and comments.
Contact: milan.andrejevic AT ceetel.co.yu
Several months. Cocoon user 3 years now.
I tried asp, php, plone, but I found Cocoon most appropriate for the job.
What other information do you want to disclose (e.g. how does it work, how did you build it, what parts of Cocoon did you use)?
Date added: 2005-10-05
A bilingual (NL and EN) website on origami and the Origami Society Netherlands. It holds information for both members and non-members.
Contact: osnbeheer AT gmail.com
3 months, 1 person in spare time.
- I already knew how to use Cocoon from a different project
- I didn't manage to tweak a preinstalled PHP-based CMS to do what I wanted in a short amount of time
- I have complete control over all aspects of the website
What other information do you want to disclose (e.g. how does it work, how did you build it, what parts of Cocoon did you use)?The site contains a search engine for folding models that were published in the OSN's magazines Orison and Minori. This search engine uses an XMLRPC query call to an externally running eXist database.
Currently the pages are almost all XML files (i.e. for each page an XML file with content in both languages exists), there are plans to move to a (Cocoon-based) CMS to allow others to update the site.
It uses CForms + flowscript for all forms.
- Rynekmedyczny.pl - health care institution portal (in 4 languages)
- nouvo.ch, Swiss multimedia magazine (in French), also at wap.nouvo.ch for mobile phones.
- TSR archives - Video archives of the Swiss french-speaking television network. TSR découverte and Histoire de la TSR are from the same TV network and use the same Cocoon application.
- GoPubMed - Ontology-based literature search
- Information Hyperlinked over Proteins - By employing genes and proteins as hyperlinks between sentences and abstracts, the information in PubMed can be converted into one navigable resource. iHOP is an online service that provides this gene guided network as a natural way of accessing the more than twelve million abstracts in PubMed and brings all the advantages of the internet to scientific literature research. The actual network provided in iHOP contains two million sentences and 30000 different genes from human, mouse, Drosophila, C. elegans, zebrafish, Arabidopsis, yeast and E. coli.
- TanakhML Project - Hebrew text of the Bible and online related tools: Hebrew/English text browser, verse accentual structure analyser, form concordancer.
- Plaudit Design - Minneapolis web site design company
- Arabische und ägyptische Kochrezepte auf lamiz.de - Der Geschmack des Orients - German website providing Egyptian and Arab recipes and Information about Egyptian culture.
- Warsztat - Polish site in early stage of development that aims at keeping polish game programming community together and provide some useful resources.