General tasks for a release
- We have many open bugs in Jira. These should be reviewed and resolved (fixed, or declared invalid etc) before a release, as much as possible.
- Documentation updates (this area lacks most). Documentation must be happening all the time, and not left until last.
- Checking what components to promote from scratchpad into the mainstream code line.
- Checking what blocks to promote to stable status.
- Ensure that licensing requirements have been met. update jars.xml, ensure proper banner in *.java header, verify the current LICENSE* files, ensure that external components have suitable licensing requirements.
- Everything we forgot...